1. Place the tomatoes in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. In another medium bowl, combine the olives and peppers. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place the bread slices on a work surface. Divide half the cheddar cheese between 2 of the bread slices; top with the olive/pepper filling and remaining cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Complete the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.
3. In a medium pan (nonstick, if you have one), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium until hot. Add the sandwiches and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted. (If the pan seems dry, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil before flipping the sandwiches.) Transfer to a cutting board.
4. While the sandwiches cook, in a bowl, combine the creme fraiche, vinegar, and as much of the garlic paste as you’d like. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Just before serving, place the lettuce in a large bowl. Add enough of the dressing to coat the lettuce (you may have extra dressing). Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper to taste. To the bowl of seasoned tomatoes, add a drizzle of olive oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Cut the cooked sandwiches in half on an angle. Divide the sandwiches and dressed lettuce between 2 dishes. Top the lettuce with the tomatoes. Enjoy!